Today, Deborah Cox turns 46!
Here are 10 fun facts about the powerhouse vocalist:
- Deborah was a background singer for fellow Canadian, Céline Dion before she had her own record deal.
- She was signed by Clive Davis, who also signed Whitney Houston, to Arista Records in 1995.
- Deborah has been recognised with numerous awards for her support and commitment to the LGBTQ community.
- Her signature hit, ‘Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here’ spent an incredible 14 weeks at #1 on the R&B chart in the US.
- Deborah is married and has 3 children; a son and 2 daughters.
- Deborah has collected 13 #1 singles on the Dance Club Songs chart in the US.
- Who Do U Love (1996)
- Things Just Ain’t The Same (1997)
- Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here (1998)
- It’s Over Now (1999)
- I Never Knew (2000)
- Absolutely Not (2001)
- Mr. Lonely (2002)
- Play Your Part (2003)
- House Is Not A Home (2006)
- Beautiful U R (2008)
- If It Wasn’t For Love (2011)
- Higher (2013)
- Let The World Be Ours Tonight (2017)
- Deborah has acted in many musicals like Aida, The Bodyguard, and Jekyll & Hyde.
- Deborah’s vast discography spans the genres of R&B, Jazz and Dance.
- Deborah was part of an R&B group with Tamia & Kelly Price called ‘The Queen Project’, however although they toured together briefly, they never released any music and the group separated.
- Deborah provided the vocals for the Whitney Houston Lifetime movie, ‘Whitney’ in 2015.
Listen to Deborah’s latest R&B hit ‘Easy Way’: