Happy Birthday, Deborah Cox!
Today, Deborah Cox turns 48!
Here are some fun facts about the powerhouse vocalist:
- Deborah was a background singer for fellow Canadian, Céline Dion before she had her own record deal.
- She was signed by Clive Davis, who also signed Whitney Houston, to Arista Records in 1995.
- Deborah has been recognised with numerous awards for her support and commitment to the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Her signature hit, ‘Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here’ spent an incredible 14 weeks at #1 on the R&B chart in the US.
- Deborah is married and has 3 children; a son and 2 daughters.
- Deborah has collected 13 #1 singles on the Dance Club Songs chart in the US.
- Who Do U Love (1996)
- Things Just Ain’t The Same (1997)
- Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here (1998)
- It’s Over Now (1999)
- I Never Knew (2000)
- Absolutely Not (2001)
- Mr. Lonely (2002)
- Play Your Part (2003)
- House Is Not A Home (2006)
- Beautiful U R (2008)
- If It Wasn’t For Love (2011)
- Higher (2013)
- Let The World Be Ours Tonight (2017)
- Deborah has acted in many musicals like Aida, The Bodyguard, and Jekyll & Hyde. She has also appeared in television series including First Wives Club and Station Eleven.
- Deborah’s vast discography spans the genres of R&B, Jazz and Dance.
- Deborah was part of an R&B group with Tamia & Kelly Price called ‘The Queen Project’, however although they toured together briefly, they never released any music and the group separated. Deborah remains great friends with Tamia and they have performed together since then.
- Deborah provided the vocals for the Whitney Houston Lifetime movie, ‘Whitney’ in 2015.
- In 2020, Deborah became the Creative Advisor for Alpha Magazines.